Areas of Specialization
Patent Law; Intellectual Property Law; International Intellectual Property Law; International Trade Law
Representative Professional Activities and Achievements
Sarah R. Wasserman Rajec earned her J.D., cum laude,, from the University of Michigan Law School. She earned her Sc.B., with honors, from Brown University, where she majored in physics. Following law school, Sarah practiced patent litigation in the Boston office of Fish & Richardson, P.C. She subsequently served as a law clerk to Judge Donald C. Pogue of the U.S. Court of International Trade and to Judge Alan D. Lourie of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Prior to joining the faculty, Professor Rajec was a Lecturer in Law and Teaching Fellow for the Law, Science & Technology Program at Stanford Law School and the Frank H. Marks Visiting Associate Professor and Fellow in Intellectual Property Law at George Washington University Law School.
- Patent Law: An Open-Access Casebook (2021) (with Sarah Burstein & Andres Sawicki). SSRN.
Articles and Book Chapters
- Andrew Gilden & Sarah R. Wasserman Rajec, Pleasure Patents, 63 B.C. L. Rev. 571 (2022). SSRN.
- The Harmonization Myth in International Intellectual Property Law, 62 Arizona L. Rev. 735 (2020). SSRN.
- Third-Party Interests and the Property Law Misfit in Patent Law, 41 Cardozo L. Rev. 1859 (2020). SSRN.
- Infringement, Unbound, 32 Harv. J.L. & Tech. 117 (2018). SSRN.
- The Intellectual Property Hostage in Trade Retaliation, 76 Md. L. Rev. 169 (2016). SSRN.
- Patents Absent Adversaries, 81 Brook. L. Rev. 1073 (2016). SSRN.
- Free Trade in Patented Goods: International Exhaustion for Patents, 28 Berkeley Tech. L.J. 317 (2014). SSRN.
- Evaluating Flexibility in International Patent Law, 65 Hastings L.J. 153 (2013). SSRN.
- Regulatory and Judicial Implementations of Patent Law Flexibilities, 43 Int'l Rev. of Intell. Prop. & Competition L. 245 (2012) (invited essay). SSRN.
- Tailoring Remedies to Spur Innovation, 61 Am. U. L. Rev. 733 (2012). SSRN.
- Processes that Occur before Second Cleavage Determine Third Cleavage Orientation in Xenopus, 274 Experimental Cell Research 112 (2002) (with James M. Valles et al.).
- Microscope System for Use in High Magnetic Fields, 78 Review of Scientific Instruments 8 (2000) (with James M. Valles et al.).