Areas of Specialization
Securities Law (with a particular focus on the regulation of capital markets)
Corporate and securities law, with a focus on the financial economics and market-microstructure economics (currently teaches Business Associations, Securities Litigation, and Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance)
Representative Professional Activities and Achievements
Prior to joining William and Mary Law School, Professor Haeberle was an Assistant Professor at the University of South Carolina School of Law (summer 2014 – summer 2017), where we was awarded the Teacher of the Year Award in his first year of teaching. He also previously served as a fellow with the Columbia Law School and Columbia Business School Program on the Law and Economics of Capital Markets (2012 – 2014). During his tenure with the Program, Professor Haeberle studied securities regulation and market-microstructure economics under the mentorship of Professor Merritt B. Fox (Columbia Law School) and Professor Lawrence R. Glosten (Columbia Business School). He also taught as a Visiting Lecturer in the joint law school and business school Capital Markets Regulation class at Columbia University during that time. Additionally, he practiced law (with a focus on securities litigation) for Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP and Friedman Kaplan Seiler & Adelman LLP in New York, and served as a law clerk for Judge Victor Marrero of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, and as a foreign law clerk for Chief Justice Aharon Barak of the Supreme Court of Israel.
- A New Market-Based Approach for Securities Law, 85 U. Chi. L. Rev. ___ (forthcoming 2018) (with M. Todd Henderson).
- Making a Market for Corporate Disclosure, 35 Yale J. Reg. 2 (forthcoming 2018) (with M. Todd Henderson). SSRN.
- Discrimination Platforms, ___ J. Corp. L. ___ (forthcoming 2017 Symposium Issue).
- Evaluating Stock-Trading Practices and Their Regulation, ___ J. Corp. L. ___ (forthcoming 2017 Symposium Issue) (with Merritt B. Box).
- Information-Dissemination Law: The Regulation of How Market-Moving Information Is Revealed, 101 Cornell L. Rev. 1373 (2016) (with M. Todd Henderson). SSRN.
- Stock-Market Law and the Accuracy of Public Companies' Stock Prices, 2015 Colum. Bus. L. Rev. 121 (2015), reprinted in Securities Law Review. SSRN.