Professor of Law
Office phone: (757) 221-1476
Office location: Room 254H
Areas of Specialization
Criminal Law; Legal Theory
Teaching in Academic Year 2013-2014
Criminal Law; Law & Psychology; Special Problems in Criminal Justice Seminar: Gender & Domestic Violence (S)
- Punishing Children in the Criminal Law, 82 Notre Dame L. Rev. 429 (2006).
- Coercion and Choice Under the Establishment Clause, 39 U.C. Davis L. Rev. 1621 (2006).
- Giftedness, Disadvantage, and Law, 31 J. Educ. Fin. 45 (2005).
- On Difference and Equality, 3 Legal Theory 65 (1997).
- The Radical Feminist Defense of Individualism, 89 Nw. U. L. Rev. 871 (1995).
- A Kinder, Gentler Liberalism: Visions of Empathy in Feminist and Communitarian Literature, 61 U. Chi. L. Rev. 929 (1994).
- The Limits of "Liberal Republicanism," 91 Colum. L. Rev. 581 (1991).
- Symposium Issue, Law and Morality: Introduction to Criminal Law, 48 Wm. & Mary L. Rev. 1789 (2007).
- Co-author, Book Review, Defending Truth, 78 Tex. L. Rev. 493 (1999) (with Peter Alces).
- Book Review, Toward Cantankerous Community, 3 Wm. & Mary J. Women & L. 249 (1997).
- Book Review, Liberalism and Republicanism in the Historical Imagination, 10 Const. Comment. 258 (1993).