Susan S. Grover
University Professor for Teaching Excellence
Office phone: (757) 221-3846
Office location: Room 261
Areas of Specialization
Civil Procedure; Civil Rights Law; Employment Discrimination Law; Law and Society; Women and the Law
Representative Professional Activities and Achievements
Clerked for Chief Judge Spottswood W. Robinson, III of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit and Judge Oliver Gasch of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and practiced law in Washington, D.C.
Distinguished Visiting Professor of Teaching Effectiveness, Franklin Pierce Law Center (Fall 1999)
Member of the Board of Directors, Virginia Lawyers Helping Lawyers; and
Member, American Bar Association Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs.
- Served as:
- William and Mary's Director of Equal Opportunity from 2002 to 2007;
- Director, William and Mary Summer Law Program in Madrid, SPAIN (1999); and
- Director, William and Mary Summer Law Program in Adelaide, AUSTRALIA (1995).
- University Professor for Teaching Excellence, 2011-2014;
- John Marshall Award, May 2013;
- Walter Williams Teaching Award, May 2011;
- NAACP Faculty Award;
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association Foundation Distinguished Faculty Award;
- Black Law Students' Association Jane Matilda Bolin Award; and
- Black Law Student Association, Distinguished Faculty Award.