Associate Professor of Law
Office phone: (757) 221-3839
Office location: Room 260
Areas of Specialization
Children and the Law; Civil Procedure; Constitutional Law--14th Amendment; Family Law; Women and the Law
Teaching in Academic Year 2013-2014
Civil Procedure; Education Law; Family Law
- The Age of Marital Capacity: Reconsidering Civil Recognition of Adolescent Marriage, 92 B.U. L. Rev. 1817 (2012).
- Democratic Inclusion, Cognitive Development, and the Age of Electoral Majority, 77 Brook. L. Rev. 1447 (2012).
- Immature Citizens and the State, 2010 BYU L. Rev. 1055. SSRN.
- Religious v. Secular Ideologies and Sex Education: A Response to Professors Cahn and Carbone, 110 W. Va. L. Rev. 501 (2007).
- Will Marriage Promotion Work?, 11 Iowa J. Gender, Race & Just. 1 (2007) (invited).
- Family Structure, Children, and Law, 24 Wash. U. J.L. & Pol'y 9 (2007) (invited).
- Principles of U.S. Family Law, 75 Fordham L. Rev. 31 (2006).
- Mistaking Marriage for Social Policy, 11 Va. J. Soc. Pol'y & L. 307 (2004), excerpted in Modern Family Law: Cases and Materials 368-70 (D. Kelly Weisberg & Susan Frelich Appleton eds., 3d ed. 2006).